|Author||Amafirlian 07:33, 1 May 2007 (UTC)|
A small compass.
Building Instructions Edit
- Create a triangle, keeping the spheres neutral.
- Attach three rods to the 3 spheres using the same polarity, and connect them to a single sphere, creating a tetrahedron.
- Repeat the previous step at the other side, but use the opposite polarity to connect ot the original triangle.
- The result is two back to back tetrahedra with rods that are all aligned (except for the ones in the triangle of step 1), creating a nice compass needle.
- Use the last rod and sphere to hang the needle from, and observe how it aligns to the earth magnetic field.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.