|Rhombic Triacontahedron Near Miss|
|Author||Amafirlian 00:58, 9 August 2007 (UTC)|
This support structure is amazingly close. It consists of five intersecting tetrahedra, connected to the spheres in the rhombic triacontahedron with valency 3. The size of the edges of the tetrahedra is 3 rods.
- Build the lower halve of the rhombic triacontahedron.
- Start putting support rods in (3 connected rods).
- Basically it suffices to connect one side to a sphere of valency 3, and see to which sphere of valency 3 the other side leads you.
- Also keep a look out for the five intersecting tetrahedra that develop.
- Complete the upper halve of the rhombic triacontahedron.
- Put in the remaining support rods.
- This construction method also provides the easiest way of building the five intersecting tetrahedra!